Looking for a new challenge?Metso Outotec is a frontrunner in sustainable technologies, end-to-end solutions and services for the aggregates, minerals processing and metals refining industries globally. By improving our customers’ energy and water efficiency, increasing their productivity, and reducing environmental risks with our product and process expertise, we are the partner for positive change.
Metso Outotec is committed to limiting global warming to 1.5°C with Science Based Targets. We ranked 8th on the 2021 Global 100 list of the world’s most sustainable companies.
Headquartered in Helsinki, Finland, Metso Outotec employs over 15,000 people in more than 50 countries and its sales for 2020 were about EUR 3.9 billion. The company is listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki. mogroup.com, twitter.com/metsooutotec
As ManpowerGroup Solutions, we are looking for direct placement for our customer, Metso Outotec - for a permanent position as Quality Engineer (m/f/d).
As Quality Engineer (m/f/d) you will develop and manage the development, quality and expediting activities, for the capital / service equipment business, to ensure excellent customer service. Location will be Düsseldorf, Germany.
- Modern technical equipment as well as further education and training opportunities
- Central workplace with the option of leasing a company bike and very good connections to local public transport
- Possibility of using a canteen in the immediate vicinity of the workplace
- The opportunity to work independently and flexibly in a responsible position with a home office option
- Individual training enables a smooth start
Job duties and responsibilities:- Has overall responsibility for quality, development and expediting activities at suppliers in their area
- Support sourcing and finding new suppliers at their area
- Perform the quality and expediting activities at the suppliers in their area
- Work hand-in-hand with operational procurement, product line quality, logistic teams’ at TEC Centers to ensure solid supply chain performance at their suppliers
- Own the suppliers, continuously monitoring supplier performance at their area
- Discuss the performance with the suppliers regularly, follow the corrective actions and improvement plans with the suppliers at their sourcing categories.
- Report and analyze operative purchasing Key Performance Indicators (KPI) on an agreed, timely basis at their area
- Controls supplier development with value engineering teams
- Perform supplier audits and development activities with TEC Centers Quality Teams
- Ensures quality of the end product at the supplier and also expedite project delivery requirements
- Works improve operational excellence at quality and expediting of suppliers.
- Coordinate and participate in communications between suppliers and internal departments as necessary to resolve procurement issues, both technical and systematic at their sourcing categories
- Support evaluation and closure of back charging suppliers, on time delivery (OTD) performance of suppliers, and interaction with coordination related Metso Outotec teams at their sourcing categories
- Very good working experience in Global Mining (or) equivalent Industry at Quality or supplier development
- For Technician without bachelor degree (Additional long-term working experience)
- Certification for NDT (Min Level II UT, MT and PT) or welding engineering is a plus
- Foundry knowledge and gear manufacturing knowledge is a plus
- Ability to work with global Metso Outotec team and global suppliers
- English language reading and speaking skills at a professional level. Good German language skills is a plus
- Work permission for Germany is necessary
- Strong customer focus with ability to balance quality, delivery and price equation
- Strong manufacturing and quality knowledge
Interest?The quickest way to us is via the apply button! We live diversity and equal opportunities and are therefore of course happy to receive applications from people with disabilities.
Personal formulations in the job advertisement are to be considered gender-neutral.
Fragen zu dieser Jobanzeige?
Hier ist der/die persönliche Ansprechpartner/in: